Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ribbon storage

I've got a friend with a habit. A ribbon habit. She makes gorgeous hair bows and diaper cakes over at Little Nena Designs, but her stash was taking over.

She saw this ribbon storage unit from Nicole Heady and asked if I could help her to make one of her own. 
The stash has been tamed.


We had quite an...erm...active trip to Home Depot with three hungry little girls in tow. It took a second trip on my own to locate the correct type of crown molding. After an hour of arguing with the guys there that it did indeed exist, I found what I was looking for and got the only piece in the whole store.

Empty shelves, crying out for ribbons
After that, the assembly was very straightforward. If you tackle this project for yourself, I'd recommend either just gluing and clamping the molding to the shelf edges, or predrilling the nail holes with a 1/16 bit. I split one piece trying to bang in the finish nails, which is why the unit only has 5 shelves instead of 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment