Monday, April 01, 2013

20 minutes flat

I HATE ironing. When I buy clothing, my number one requirement is that it looks like it won't need to be ironed, ever. I've watched my sister-in-law spend literally hours every week ironing, and I think she's insane. But, she probably thinks exactly the same thing when I whip out my knitting needles or my paintbrush and sander.

Unfortunately, ironing is something I still have to do occasionally. It seems silly even saying it out loud,. but for me the worst part is dragging out the ironing board and wrestling it open. I saw this idea for making a dryer-top ironing board when I fell down a link black hole. I just had to make one.

Luckily, I had all the materials on hand as scraps from other projects. I had leftover foam from my pallet bench, and scrap OSB from building my bed. I had squirreled away some fabric fat quarters from a JoAnn clearance sale, so I put one to good use.

It just so happened that I had a scrap of wood that was a good size for the top of my dryer, still leaving room for my laundry soap. It also fitted my fat quarter nicely. I found a fantastic iron in great condition at Goodwill for $2.16 to go with it.

Here's the result. I've even used it several times. I've amazed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment